This past month has brought so many exciting changes for our little man. He's standing! And he's cut 3 more teeth. Now he has 2 on the top and 3 on the bottom.
These monthly pictures are impossible to take now and it seems like perfect timing that his last session is next month. He went ahead and broke the chalkboard this morning so his 12 month pictures will feature that.
- still taking 2 naps a day ... one around 10am and one around 2:30pm. clearly this fluctuates (today he went down at 9:15am) but he's pretty consistent.
- goes to bed around 6:45pm and wakes up around 7am
- still drinking 24 ounces of Elecare formula ... 8 ounces in the morning, 6 ounces after 1st nap, 6 ounces after 2nd nap, and 4 ounces at bedtime
- eating 3 meals a day at the table ... oatmeal and applesauce for breakfast, 1 orange and 1 green vegetable at lunch, 1 orange and 1 green vegetable at dinner. I've been adding lentils to his dinner vegetable for added protein. for dinner he's also been trying whichever meat we have (he's had turkey, chicken, ground beef, and fish). Ace also has a small bowl of peas for dinner since he can manage grabbing those and chewing them. we've tried to give him a sippy cup of water at dinner time as well but he hasn't grasped the concept of swallowing the water and ends up as a wet t-shirt contestant
- wearing mostly 12-18 month clothing. has the tiniest feet and is rocking 2 pairs of size 3 shoes
- current weight 21.5 pounds
On the disappointing news ... Ace had an allergist appointment this past Monday. He's allergic to eggs, dairy, peanuts, and sesame seeds. Super super super bummed about this since ordinarily at the 1 year mark we would switch him from formula to cow's milk. Our allergist is pushing to do a soy challenge in the office so that he can have soy milk, but I'm leaning towards trying hemp milk as his alternative.
Aside from the food allergies little man is doing fantastic! His eczema rarely flares and when it does we usually just use his steroid ointment. When he seems really itchy he gets a dose of Benadryl and is good to go.
He's so much fun right now but is getting into everything via crawling and standing. Drawers are being opened and dog bowls are being attacked. Being contained is no fun but he doesn't mind being corralled in the pack n play when dinner needs to be made.
Can't believe his first birthday is in one month. We'll be celebrating with a small party at home complete with a taco bar. I'm still working on finding a smash cake that is egg and dairy free. Wish me luck!