According to thebump.com, baby is the size of a winter melon, likely measures around 18.9 to 20.9 inches and weighs about 6.2 to 9.2 pounds. He's gaining about 1/2 ounce each day.
Pregnancy Symptoms at 37 Weeks
- The urge to "nest." this instinct might make you want to clean house in preparation for baby. (yep! spent all afternoon yesterday cleaning the house)
- Heartburn, since baby continues to put pressure on your digestive system. (yep! but still could be partially due to all of the hot sauce I've been using #hotsauceaddict)
- Spotting. But call your doctor if it's heavy bleeding. (none)
- Stretch marks -- sorry, but new ones might appear each week from here on out. (none)
- Increased pressure on your abdomen (and greater urge to pee!), since baby may have dropped. (oh gosh yes! I feel like peeing all day long)
- Trouble sleeping. Be sure you're getting plenty of exercise during the day, drinking lots of water and limiting your caffeine intake. (I hate the not sleeping)
Anyways ... the doctor recommended setting up an induction date so I can have baby at 39 weeks, 1 day, March 5th. This means he may be a little smaller than waiting full term and will hopefully help with a smoother delivery. My appointment at the hospital could be bumped demanding if there are actual emergencies going on that morning but as of now baby has a new due date ... unless he comes before then.
Oh and my weight is 131 ... up 2 pounds from last doctor's appointment 2 weeks ago so that's right on target. I'm feeling super tired, super emotional, and basically a wreck at all times.
Because of our terrible weather lately in Charlotte I hadn't gone to the gym to run since last Thursday. I think not having some sort of stress relief outside of the house has something to do with my craziness, or it can be the fact that I'm having a baby in a matter of weeks. It was nice to get to the gym today to do a slow 3 miles but I'm finding that physical activity is probably coming to an end soon. Fortunately my back pain hasn't been as bad after having an amazing massage this past Saturday. I have another acupuncture appointment on Monday and then a doctor's appointment next Thursday. After that I should be all set for baby's arrival ...
Gap Body maternity tank extra small/Forever 21 leggings size small