- 6/23 - period is now almost an entire week late. took a pregnancy test ... it was negative. super disappointed and sad. worried that my missing period might mean something is wrong since I'm not pregnant.
- 6/27 - wake up early for our flights to Florida. tell Ryan I am going to take a 2nd pregnancy test ... just to make sure. this time it is positive! try to fight off nausea while wrestling Mason into his seat during the longest flights of my life.
- 7/4 - run my 1st race while pregnant with Baby #2. try not to push myself too much for baby's sake. finish 4 miler in 30:49 minutes.
- 7/5 - post on social media that I am at a bar ... trying to give illusion that I am still drinking alcohol so people don't suspect anything. yes I am crazy.
- 7/6 - terrible headache. I went to dinner with my friend Danielle and convinced her I was hung over (nope) so I didn't have to drink. And then I told her the pregnancy test I had taken was negative (the first one was). It's hard to dodge drinking during these early weeks before making the pregnancy announcement. took my 3rd pregnancy test.
I just wasn't sure I was really pregnant (cause I'm neurotic and slightly crazy). I sprung for the more expensive tests just to see the weekly prediction. The 2-3 meant that I was 4-5 weeks pregnant.
- 7/7 - I woke up super nauseous and was the closest to throwing up thus far. My morning sickness with Mason was always a bout of nauseousness during the afternoon hours. I'm not used to this morning sickness taking place in the MORNING.
- 7/9 - another nauseous morning. fortunately the feeling is fading.
- 7/15 - holy morning sickness! I felt terrible as soon as I woke up and tried to throw up several times. I took the day off from running and barely got Mason to and from camp.
- 7/16 - day 2 of continued morning sickness ... this time I threw up and still felt sick most of the day. today is when most of the smells and food aversions started. suddenly being near a banana was the absolute worst thing in the world ... sorry Mason no more bananas for a while.
- 7/17 - ok seriously? how
about a break here with the morning sickness? I can barely stand to eat
in the morning, and whatever I do manage to choke down comes back up
mid morning. I managed to run 2 miles yesterday and 2 today.
- I've generally been feeling run down and mopey. All I want to do is lay on the couch and nap, read, watch tv, or nap ... did I mention nap? Nowhere in my day is any desire to cook or clean.
- I honestly don't know how moms handle being pregnant with a toddler on the loose. It was nauseating enough to change Mason's diapers BEFORE being pregnant but now its 100000000 times worse. Thankfully there have been many more peepees and poopies in the toilet and not actually in the diaper.
- 7/22 - first ob/gyn appt. saw ultrasound of baby's heart beating. cried. based on period due date should've been 2/22 but was corrected based on size of baby to 3/11. everything looks ok. Ryan and I leave appt feeling happy and excited.
- 7/27 - woke up with a cold. wish I could take medicine but I can't. spend most of the day either on couch or in bed. glad Ryan is able to take Mason away for a couple of hours to give me a break.
- 8/10 - head to beach for family vacation. am weary of wearing a bikini with my already obvious baby bump
- 8/16 - take a Flywheel class ... realize those classes are much harder when you're pregnant
- 8/17 - take a Flybarre class ... ask the teacher for modifications on certain moves
- 8/19 - 2nd ob/gyn appt with 2nd ultrasound. baby is measuring slightly larger than estimate for 3/11 and technician tosses around 3/6 as a possible due date. baby is healthy and I cry again.