Well. It's over. I finished my last long run before the half marathon on the 12th. It's been nice getting my long runs done while Mason is at preschool instead of wasting a family weekend day. I even saw him and his classmates while I was finishing up a block away from school and had to run across the street to avoid being seen.
This was a rough run for me. Not sure what's going on with my legs lately but they are not feeling as strong and capable as I would've hoped.
I finished 10.1 miles in just under 1:30 hours. I took a walking break after 9 miles for about 0.25 miles.
And here are the reasons why this run sucked:
1. Ran a new different route that wasn't shaded.
2. Carried a 1/2 full water bottle which got cumbersome after a while
3. Ate orange GU chomps and hated them.
4. Felt like throwing up after mile 7
5. Right ankle has been feeling funky during my runs lately
Today's run has made me reevaluate my goals for the actual race. The last half marathon I ran I was 4 months pregnant and finished in 1 hour and 58 minutes. I had some unrealistic goals for this race and have definitely scaled back to avoid disappointment. At this point I would love to finish in 1 hour and 50 minutes.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Things I’m Loving Friday #389
1 day ago