I figured a title like that would draw some attention ... before I delve into my latest baking adventure I'll cover my last 2 work outs.
2 runs - 1 with a little distance, 1 with a little speed, both done on the treadmill at the YMCA
Thursday - 4.05 miles in 36:45 minutes, 9:04 pace
Friday - 3.18 miles in 26:00 minutes, 8:10 pace
Days 12 and 13 of my work out streak!
And now back to the bacon ... I found this recipe on pinterest and only made a few variations based on what I had already in my refrigerator and pantry.
- 2 cups all purpose flour - I used unbleached AP flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup white sugar- I used organic sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg - I omitted this
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup greek yogurt - I used vanilla low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup 3% milk - I used vanilla soy milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup icing sugar - I used powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp hot water
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
Donuts - I used a muffin pan instead
These were good ... but not moist enough. I think swapping out the Greek yogurt for regular yogurt and using soy milk instead of regular milk did something to the batter. Not going to lie though, they are still pretty delicious!