this morning Ryan and I headed to the YMCA for some weight training. He chose to work out chest and I did back and biceps, with some abs mixed in at the end.
- low row - 2 sets of 10 reps each, 40 pounds
- low row - 2 sets of 10 reps each, 25 pounds
- lateral pull down - 2 sets of 10 reps each, 40 pounds
- lateral pull down - 2 sets of 10 reps each, 25 pounds
- bicep curls with curved 20 pound bar - 3 sets of 10 reps each
- bicep curls on machine - 3 sets of 10 reps each, 10 pound plate
- side bends - 2 sets of 10 reps each for each side, 10 pound plate
- front bends - 2 sets of 10 reps each, 10 pound plate
- 50 crunches on machine
Seems like I did a lot of working out ... feels like it too. I was starving as soon as we got home so I made myself a protein packed smoothie.
The usual ingredients made it into the blender (spinach, peanut butter, soy milk, yogurt, banana) in addition to a scoop of vanilla protein powder. I added up all of the protein in each component and came up with 32 grams. Not a bad way to start the day. Calories totaled around 350.
Looking forward to running tonight since we skipped our run last night ... taking an hour nap on the couch sounded like a better idea at the time :(