Monday, June 14, 2010

weekend recap

I like when people ask me how my weekend was and I can honestly say it was good.  Pretty good even.  Friday after work Ryan and I did our legs and back work out courtesy of P90X.  Like Mondays and Wednesdays, Fridays bring 15 minutes of the Ab ripper work out.  Just like clockwork, the end of our exercise signalled the start of our protein shake drinking.  We needed something in our tummies to hold us over before our yummy dinner at Luma.

Oh Luma ... how I love thee.  Let me count the ways ... how about starting off our meal with truffle oil and shaved Parmesan cheese popcorn?  Such a fun and delicious appetizer.  Then Ryan and I split a caprese salad with super fresh mozzarella cheese.  I opted for the duck entree and Ryan for the red meat (flank steak).  We both had some red wine and thoroughly enjoyed the meal.  Afterwards we continued the wine drinking at the Wine Room next door.  The wine was good but the crowd was kind of strange so we finished our drinks and headed across the street to the Park Plaza Gardens where we ordered MORE red wine.  We had such a great date night.

We were feeling kind of sluggish Saturday morning so instead of jumping right into our work out we decided to eat some breakfast and wait until later in the day to work out.  We spent the morning tidying up our apartment and were ready to work out around noon.  Once we were done with Kenpo (the marital arts/kickboxing stuff) we had some protein shakes (shocker) and hit the showers.  Not sure what the purpose of showering was since we got drenched in sweat on our walk over to Wildside's.  We were meeting Chris and some friends there to watch the USA/England soccer match.  The game ended in a tie (better than losing) and after eating some wings and drinking some beer my belly was full. 

We lounged around our house until we motivated ourselves to go bowling.  We played 2 games (Ryan successfully beat me both times) and then headed to Antonio's in Maitland for some salad and pizza.  It was our first time there and will not be our last.  The food was scrumptious!  We went to bed pretty early Saturday night in anticipation of our early day on Sunday. 

We woke up at 6:30am and got ready for Ryan's nephew's 1st communion in St. Petersburg.  Honey lucked out and got to spend the day at Chris's with her boyfriend Koz (Chris's puggle).  We made the 2 hour drive and sat in church from 9:30 til almost 11:00.  Yikes!  Afterwards we went to a local breakfast restaurant and feasted on eggs, bacon, toast, and breakfast potatoes.  Once we were done we headed back home and relaxed the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment