Tuesday, June 22, 2010

recovery week

Yesterday began week 4 of P90X which meant a nice 6 days of recovery.  Yesterday's work out was 90 minutes of yoga.  Today I'll be trying something new, core synergistics.  According to the Beachbody website, "Each and every exercise in the Core Synergistics workout recruits multiple muscle groups to build and support the core (lumbar spine and trunk muscles), while at the same time conditioning your body from head to toe. Loaded with a variety of fun, unique, and challenging exercises, this routine will get you moving in all directions to maximize your P90X results."

Sounds great ... can't wait to spend 60 minutes doing this tonight :) 

This past weekend Ryan and I had a lot of fun, good food, and too many drinks.  We started on Friday night with dinner at Dexter's where I proceeded to drink an entire bottle of Portuguese white wine along with some baked brie and spinach salad.  Our good friend Aaron was in town and he and Chris met us at the tail end of dinner.  Then a few more of their friends showed up and pretty soon we were seated around a huge round table in the back of the restaurant.  At this point we decided it was a good idea to stumble walk to the Celt, a local Irish pub a few blocks away.  After enjoying a very tasty Magner's I convinced Ryan it was time to go home.

Saturday morning found us very dehydrated and slightly hungover.  We managed to drag ourselves and Honey over to Winter Park for their farmer's market.  After purchasing some fresh vegetables, fruit, and some of Ginger's jam (hot pepper jelly and guava for my dad) we realized how miserably hot it was and decided to head back home.  We dropped off Honey and headed to a new New Orleans Cajun restaurant for lunch.  I chose the shrimp po boy and Ryan went with the grilled chicken po boy.  Not too bad of a meal but we were highly disappointed to notice the restaurant was not very authentic. 

We lounged around the apartment the rest of the afternoon and made some ravioli and salad for dinner.  It was pouring outside and the thought of walking a few blocks to Backbooth was not inviting in the least bit.  We grabbed an umbrella and headed out in the storm to see Good Old War play at BB.  What a fun band!  The music was jammin', the PBR's were only $2.50, and the company was great.  We made the right decision and headed home once the show was over. 

We headed back to Dexter's on Sunday for brunch with Sheila.  After eating what was called the "Sunday funday" breakfast (too much food to list, I'm slightly embarrassed) we said our goodbyes and headed home.  We only had a few hours before we were leaving for Geneva to visit Rosa and Jesus.  It's always funny to me that one of my favorite meals by my mom is her Chinese fried rice, which is probably the most un-Cuban meal ever.  I made some sweet and sour chicken to go along with the rice.  For dessert we had some fresh fruit, including some pineapple I had bought at the farmer's market the day before.  After spending a few hours in the wilderness Ryan, Honey, and I headed back home to unwind.

No comments:

Post a Comment